Sunday, December 21, 2008
Our Christmas Tree
The Christmas tree is really important to me. I am not talking about all the ornaments being just so or it being just the right height. I am talking about the ornaments that I put on it. Chris and I started a tradition when we got married of getting one new ornament each year. It was suppose to represent something significant that happened that year. Sometimes it is serious, like this one...
It is from our first year together. This next one is from the year we bought or house.
This one is very special to me. I thought it was beautiful and when I saw the name of it was Eternal Hope, I had to get it. We got this the year that I was pregnant with Cameron and hope for a full term healthy baby was all that was on our minds.
Not all of them are serious. I made this one.
This one is from when we had Cameron. He slept in this position (even the same arm was up) so it was perfect.
Kasey was a little cuddle bug who loved his blue blanket (it goes with him everywhere!) so this was the perfect one for him last Christmas.
I just loved the picture so I made it into an ornament.
My boys also get there own ornament each year. This year my boys are really into Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. I let Cameron pick out his.
The store also had this Tigger ornament. Since he is all wrapped up in the ribbon and Kasey is into everything and is always jumping around; I figured it was a good choice for his ornament.
Then there is the decorating of the tree. It always brings up so many memories and it is the perfect time to make new ones. It is my favorite part of the holidays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mallory has that same baby's first Christmas ornament except in pink and lavender!
Wow, what a neat tradition! Those are beautiful ornaments...mostly. And it's cool that they each have meaning.
Sage recognized after we left the other night that he didn't say "thank you" to Cameron for the ornaments. When I asked if he wanted to call Cameron the next day he said he'd rather just wait till we see you guys again. So on his behalf-thank you for the treats and ornaments, that was sweet of you to think of us.
Post a Comment