I guess I take it for granted that I know how to read, but now I am trying to teach a 4 year old how to read. Well I now realize that I know nothing about it. Do you realize how many rules there are to reading? And every rule has some sort of exception or a word that flat out breaks the rule. Luckily, we have educators to help us teach our kids how to read. Cameron is learning the basics at school and is really loving it. My brother and sister-in-law sent these Bob Books to Cameron now that Pauline is done with them. Cameron is working really hard and is starting to read them. He is has read 9 of the 12 books. He has struggled with some self confidence issues, but I don't think he realizes that most 4 year olds don't read. So any reading is a step in the right direction. I think once he gets his confidence all the way up he will be reading us out of house and home.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, yay for your big boy reading now! These were the books that Zach learned to read from, too. And he still loves them :)
Post a Comment