Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The good and the bad

The bad: My dad had a heart attack.

The good: My brother, sister-in-law and niece came to visit.


While I wish it didn't take a heart attack to get them to come out here, (and they were already coming for a visit over memorial day) we do not get to see them nearly enough. What was really great about this visit is that my Dad had no idea that they were coming. I picked them up at the airport Saturday morning and drove to my parents house. Chris had told my Dad that I needed to go run an errand so I would be a little late :) I came in and gave my Dad a hug. Then we let Pauline, my niece, go up and say hi. The look was priceless. I also can't believe that Cameron didn't spill the beans for the 30 minutes he was there waiting for us (He was sooooo excited!) The funny thing is, that my Dad was talking to Pauline the day before and he flat out asked her when she was coming for a visit. My brother said he was in the background going "say 'soon.' "

So when my Dad needed to rest this weekend, we all got to go out and have some fun. Here are some pictures.
Visiting our Grandma. She was surprised too!At a playground!Counting during hide & seek. Kasey had to get in the action too!
The kids had a lot of fun at Safari Sam's in Sherwood!They also climbed the trees at my parent's house. It was a nice weekend and we can't wait to see them in 3 weeks. Seeing them this often is unheard of. It gets expensive to get back and forth from DC, but I will have seen then 4 times in one year!

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

I would love to see a picture of his face when he saw them! What an awesome surprise.

sheila said...

I'm glad that your dad is going to be okay, and what a nice treat to get to see some family.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you too! See you in 3 weeks.
Cecile

Tiffini said...

What a wonderful surprise. I love the pictures!