Kasey has had this fever going on for quite a while, but it got better a few days ago after the antibiotics kicked in for his ear infection. He wakes up this morning and is really fussy and felt a little warm. I took his temperature and it was 99.7. So, I call the doctor again to make an appointment. Then I go to change Kasey's diaper. I now know why he was so fussy. When I got him undressed this is what I saw.....
The doctor thinks it may be an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, but he is not positive. The fever is completely unrelated. By the time we got home from the doctor's his fever was up to 101.9. At this point I don't know what else to do to make him comfortable. He is already getting advil and benydryl. They are going to draw blood next week if the fever isn't gone or he starts acting sick. For the most part he is just grumpy!
4 comments:
That poor baby! I bet he's miserable!
oh my God Kelli... poor thing! Don't give him any alcohol, it will get worse! :)
Cecile
I sure hope he's feeling better Kelli. I'm so sorry you had to see your little baby all swollen. It's hard to see infants in pain, isn't it?
Oh, that poor baby!! I know this is about a week late, but I was 99% positive I had you in my google reader and was getting your updates, but I was WRONG. So now I am catching up! I'm glad he's feeling better now and back to getting into trouble!
Post a Comment